Hotel chauray

L'Hôtel Chauray

Historic site and monument, House and building in Saint-Maixent-l'École
  • Built in 1531 by Pierre Paen, Lord of Chauray
    The building, which was only one element of the vast Chauray estate, stretching from Châlon Street to the rue de l'Audience, has been stripped of one of the two half-turrets that surrounded the central building.

    Owned by the city since 1921, the building is used for cultural activities: numerous exhibitions are organized on the first floor, while the first floor houses part of the municipal archives.