Founded in 1099, the bishop of Poitiers, Pierre II, gave the abbey of Saint-Maixent the church of Romans.
In 1798, the Romanesque church of Romans was sold as national property to Mr. PH Frappier for 4600 francs.
Then, the population increasing, in the middle of the 19th century, it was decided to build a new church for the parish. Due to a lack of funds, the original church was remodeled. Inside, don’t miss the 12 consecration crosses painted in blue and gold on the north and south walls.